Nintendo’s latest update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which includes Sephiroth, is now available.
Version 10.0.0 adds a special Sephiroth Challenge mode, which is accessible as long as you’ve purchased Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighter Pass Vol. 2. If you manage to defeat Sephiroth, you’ll unlock him right away. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until 22nd December.
This latest update also includes multiple fixes to improve the gameplay experience. Below are the full patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo’s support page:
Ver. 10.0.0 (Released December 17, 2020)
– The Sephiroth Challenge mode event has been added for a limited time.
– You can attempt this mode if you’ve purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Defeating Sephiroth will unlock him as a playable fighter and grant access to his stage.
– This mode will appear on the upper left of the main menu. Press the + Button to take on the challenge.
– Once the event period is over, the mode will become unavailable, but Sephiroth and his stage will be unlocked immediately for anyone who has purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
– Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Note that you cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
Have you downloaded this update yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment down below.
Just wondering: does each update overwrite/delete the previous one(s), or do they just stack up on top of each other?
Just thinking in terms of file size/memory space, it seems like a bit of a waste to keep storing old redundant fighter balancing tweaks, if they get changed again 4 months later…
Or is it like building a house, you need to keep the second floor to work on the loft extension, you just need to make the access hatch more accessible?
(Yeah, thatâs a terrible simile)
probably only going to play it or 2 hours, then get bored… so far none of the DLC fighters and whatnot have made me really want to get into the competitive nature of Smash, and without any real life friends to play smash with on a regular basis.. I get real bored of fighting CPU opponents. so i am sad to say that Smash has dropped from one of my favourite titles to one of my least favourite Nintendo titles.
If Nintendo releases a 3rd fighters pass in the future/a new Smash Bros. game for their next console then I am probably going to have to give it a pass.