Crytek has posted to Reddit the patch notes for the latest update to Crysis Remastered on Switch.
It's a long old list of tweaks that we'll reproduce below, but while crash fixes and squashed bugs are always very welcome, it's the improvements at the top of the list which are perhaps the most interesting features in this update.
The game makes use of a dynamic solution that reduces the game's output resolution in order to maintain a stable framerate when onscreen action gets hectic, and it seems that update 1.6 increases the maximum possible resolution from its current high of 720p to 900p when your Switch is outputting to your TV in docked mode. Neat!
Check out the full list of patch notes in the list below (get that scrolling finger ready):
· Added Parallax occlusion mapping (POM).
· Added a "motion blur" toggle option in the Graphics settings menu.
· Increased the maximum dynamic resolution from 720p to 900p in Docked Mode.
· Performance improvements.
· Fixed a crash that could occur at the cemetery on Relic - Rescue.
· Fixed a crash that could occur in the jungle area on Recovery - Village.
· Fixed an issue that caused the lights to flicker in the cutscene with General Kyong on Awakening - Mine.
· Fixed an issue that caused numerous textures to turn black depending on the camera position.
· Fixed several missing voice lines through different cutscenes.
· Fixed a crash that could occur after the 'boat cutscene' on Island - Contact.
· Fixed a crash that could occur while Fighting Ceph, after getting MOAC on Ice-Paradise Lost.
· Fixed a crash that could occur when reaching the checkpoint after picking up the TAC-Cannon on Reckoning- Fleet.
· Fixed a crash that could occur while fighting in the first camp on Exodus - Sphere.
· Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting to the main menu.
· Fixed some missing vegetation elements on Recovery - Village.
· Fixed an issue that caused some character faces to appear distorted.
· Fixed an issue that caused the Ceph scout to not move or shoot at the player.
· Fixed a crash that could occur on Contact - Island.
· Fixed an issue that resulted in some missing underwater objects on Contact - Island.
· Fixed an issue that caused the light to switch off in the house on Awakening - Mine, depending on the camera angle.
· The alive, naked Ceph now has skin.
· Fixed an issue that caused a noticeable lighting change to occur during the first cutscene on Paradise Lost - Ice.
· Fixed an issue that caused graphical artifacts to appear on screen after General Kyong teleports.
· Fixed an issue that caused bullet holes to appear on car windows that have no glass.
· Fixed some dark flickering effect that was noticeable on one of the harbour buildings on Assault.
· Fixed an issue that caused the LoD of wheels to change as the player moves closer.
· Fixed an issue that caused some light sources to persists after being destroyed on Awakening - Mine.
· Fixed an issue that caused the smoke to "blink" on Reckoning - Fleet.
· Fixed some missing vegetation on Rescue - Relic.
· Fixed a flickering line that would appear on the loading screen.
· Fixed a missing exploded vehicle on Paradise Lost - Ice.
· Fixed an issue that caused the machine gun to stutter when aiming on Exodus - Sphere.
· Fixed a performance drop that could occur during a gunfight on Assault Harbor.
· Fixed a short stall that could occur when sitting on the chair in the Armory on Reckoning - Fleet.
· Fixed an issue that resulted in being unable to see the turret explosion when aiming through the scope on Reckoning - Fleet.
· Fixed a crash that occurred during the firefight at KPA's checkpoint on Recovery - Village.
· Fixed an issue that causes scorch marks to flicker on Exodus - Sphere.
· Fixed an issue that caused the Nanokorean soldiers to stop aiming at the player during the cutscene.
· Fixed a missing explosion VFX in the cutscene on Awakening - Mine.
· Fixed some minor RU localisation issues.
· Fixed an issue that causes the name of the level to disappear from the loading screen.
· Fixed an issue where the voice line for Strickland at the end of Onslaught - Tank to play in Spanish instead of English (EN language).
· Fixed an issue that caused aim assist to interfere with gyroscope aiming resulting in it being much less reliable than intended.
· Fixed an issue that caused the Dome sphere to render in front of the fog on Reckoning Fleet.
It's great to see the Switch port of the game getting the attention it deserves. We enjoyed our time with it (indeed, it made our list of the best shooters on Switch), but there's always room for improvement.
How have you found the game on Switch? Looking forward to testing the fixes and improvements above? Let us know below.